Wa Ale Resort, Mergui
The Wa Ale Resort is a sublime, luxurious retreat in the jeweled archipelago of Mergui's 800 islands in the Andaman Sea.
This intimate and luxurious island retreat sits in a beautiful protected cove, overlooking a pristine beach and majestic rock formations. Here guests are invited to experience the natural beauty of the Mergui (Myeik) Archipelago in a luxury resort that encourages responsible and sustainable care for the environment.
Wa Ale is the perfect honeymoon or romantic getaway; beautifully crafted beach and tree top villas, fine dining, relaxing treatments rolled in with the scope for a bit a adventure on the water or in the jungle.
There are eleven beautifully designed family sized Tented Beach
Villas have unobstructed ocean views with two state of the
art ceiling fans, for maximum cross ventilation. The villas can
accommodate up to four guests; two adults + two children (aged 8-17).
There are three Treetop Villas are set upon stilts amidst a canopy of trees with ocean views and a wonderful breeze. Beautifully appointed, these
villas can comfortably accommodate two guests.
What to do at Wa Ale if you are feeling active:
- Snorkel and dive the archipelago’s abundant reefs and caves
- Kayak and paddle board through Wa Ale’s pristine river and mangrove forests
- Trek Wa Ale’s jungle trails and view the unique flora and fauna indigenous to the island
- Explore the exotic marine life and island hopping in the Lampi Marine National Park
- Learn about the local “Moken” fishing community and turtle conservation on Wa Ale and ways to protect this special region
- Relax in the quiet comfort of the Spa after a day of activities
Through Lampi Foundation, Wa Ale Resorts has developed a conservation program and hatchery on the island of Wa Ale. In the past two years over 40 sea turtle nests have been protected; including Leatherback Turtles, a species thought to have disappeared from Myanmar. With over 100 baby
sea turtles per nest, we have saved over 4000 sea turtles by guarding nests against poaching.
Wa Ale Resort is open between October 1st and May 31st